I know I know. Practice.
Later that afternoon, James was playing up on the roof with the little man and they were having a water fight with spray bottles. I was kicking myself throughout the entire thing for not grabbing my camera and documenting it.. but I was too enraptured by the Hunger Games. I know. Sad story. But it's true. I had about 30 pages left and the book won out. Maybe next weekend :) The good news is that I finished it! And hope to start the second book soon..
Also. I've been thinking a lot lately about how I want to use this blog, this space. And I'm still not entirely sure what I want, but I think I'm getting closer.
This is what I do know:
- I don't want this to be a business.
- I wouldn't be opposed to chronicling a side-business, however. maybe. someday. not soon.
- Mostly, I want this to be a space to document life, to remember.
- To capture the day-to-day.
- To write honestly and authentically. To try at least.
- I don't want a blog schedule.
- I don't want to host giveaways or ask for votes.
- I do want to share my life in a creative way.
- I do want the support of a blogging community.
- I want this space to reflect me and to reflect my life and my choices.
- I don't want to have to tiptoe around and wonder who I'm pleasing and who I'm not.
- I don't want to have to post every day.
- I don't want to post something I wouldn't want to read (though sometimes I will).
- I don't want to set any parameters or expectations.. I really would love this space to morph and grow with me over time. I think that's why I've given up on so many other "outlets" before.. because I tried to fit it into some box, without leaving any room for growth. Either that, or I have no follow through and change my mind too much. Both are entirely possible.
That's all I've got for now. But I do think I'm going to be doing some simplifying and organizing in the near future...
stay tuned :)