The biggest factor for us in this whole thing, unfortunately, is money. We just don't have any ;)
The not having money part doesn't bother me so much, except for the fact that it will dictate how we're going to pull this all off.. and make it a memorable, enjoyable evening for our family and friends.
I'm not going to lie, there have been moments where it just seemed to be too much to figure out and the thought of having a small, intimate (only immediate family type) wedding made the most sense to us. But, we would be leaving out too many people.. and that was really hard to swallow. But if that was our only option, all we could afford.. how could we do anything else?
The last thing we want to do is create a situation where we are going into debt to throw a party, or setting ourselves up to start out together without having any sort of savings. Hence our dilemma.
Luckily, I think we've come to an agreement.. a place in the middle where all of our family will be able to celebrate with us. I don't know yet how we're going to pay for it yet, or where we're going to have it, or how we're going to feed everyone.. and ohhh it would be my dream to be able to dance... we have to dance.. right??
We will figure it out :) One thing at a time.
That may have to be my mantra for the next 6 months. One. Thing. At. A. Time.
I think I need to buy one of those super helpful wedding planning books.. and just start checking things off. Maybe I'll go to the mall after work. I said I was going to do that yesterday. Things got in the way.
What we DO know:01. We have a tentative date! But, it's still under wraps for the time being.. However, I will say that we are thinking about the end of May or sometime in early June. That is something.
02. We know where we're going to look for apartments (this was big..) and where we plan to work.
03. We have a preliminary guest list, which is about 75-80 people.
04. We know the wedding will be here in Southern California.
05. We have a tentative budget.. small, but not impossible.. I hope. (haha, which is why this wedding thing is so daunting).
06. We know who we are going to ask to officiate the ceremony. (and if he can't, we have THREE backups.. all in the family, lol) Writing this out has actually helped me a lot.
I mean, we've only been engaged for 10 days...
So, as overwhelmed as I feel, we can do this. We're already doing this. It's all happening :)